Monday 11 July 2011

The first day in the new school

"Fucking day, fucking school," I thought. "Why I must waste time on studies when there are much wonderful things around." I opened the door half-heartedly. In school was quiet.
"I think I am late," I thought. "Ok, I have time to look about." I went straight on the corridor to light which loomed in front. It was a big window, or rather the big stained-glass window. It was the copy of  "The School of Athens" by Raphael. The stained-glass window was not great but it was a clever piece of work. I stood before the picture for a long time. I thought my life about. I thought if I lived in that time, I could study in this school. "I could be make music and become a great musician," I sighed.
Someone touched for my shoulder. I started.
"Well," the voice asked me. "Do you like it?"
"Yes, sir..," I said fearing turn back. "It's very beautiful  picture."
"We made this stained-glass window because we liked the idea of The School of Athens: “Seek Knowledge of Causes”.  It new principle of education and we would like take it as a basis."
I made an about-face. The tall handsome man has stood in front of me.
"What are you name?" he asked. 
"Hunter, sir..," I replied. "I know, I was be late. I ..."
"Don't worry, you will have time to grind away at one's books yet," he said with smile. "But you was able to solve some questions for himself, I am sure."
"Yes, sir," I was grateful for his understanding. A bell rang.
"I hope you are not be late to the second lesson," he said going away.
"Thank you Sir," I said blushing.
"It a wonderful school! The school of my dream!" I thought. It was a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment